Off-Label Indications for Gralise
Are There Off-Label Uses for Gralise?On occasion, your healthcare provider may recommend Gralise for something other than the treatment of postherpetic neuralgia. This is called an "off-label" use. Gralise may be used off-label to treat epilepsy.
Also, based on the off-label uses sometimes seen with Neurontin, possible off-label uses of Gralise might include the treatment of the following conditions:
- Alcohol withdrawal
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig's disease
- Bipolar disorder
- Hot flashes associated with menopause or breast cancer treatment
- Migraine headaches
- Orthostatic tremors (shakiness of the legs when standing)
- Other types of chronic pain or nerve pain, including diabetic neuropathy
- Social anxiety disorder
- Spasticity (muscle spasms that cause stiffness), including spasticity due to multiple sclerosis (MS).