Shingles Home > Serious Reactions to Lidoderm
Side Effects to ReportIn rare cases, Lidoderm can cause certain serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Lightheadedness or dizziness
- Confusion or drowsiness
- Blurred or double vision
- Shakiness, twitching, or seizures
- Euphoria (an unexplained pleasant sensation)
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus)
- A slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Slow or irregular breathing.
Final ThoughtsYou may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using the Lidoderm patch. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to Lidoderm, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.