Shingles Home > Serious Reactions to Qutenza
Side Effects to ReportSome side effects with Qutenza are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Irritation of eyes or mucous membranes
- High blood pressure (which is usually temporary while the patch is applied, but may be serious in some individuals)
- Shortness of breath, coughing, or sneezing (signs of lung irritation from the product)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- An unexplained rash (different from the usual skin irritation caused by Qutenza)
- Unexplained swelling of the mouth or throat
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
It is possible that you may experience some or none of the Qutenza side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while using this product or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a Qutenza side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.