Lifestyle Changes for Postherpetic Neuralgia Treatment
Lifestyle Changes for Postherpetic Neuralgia TreatmentBesides recommending medicines, your doctor may offer several suggestions regarding lifestyle changes. For example:
- Make sure you get enough rest, avoid stress as much as you can, and eat well-balanced meals.
- Simple exercises like stretching or walking can help. Check with your doctor first.
- It may also help to use cool compresses to reduce the pain.
- Do things that take your mind off your pain. Watch TV, read interesting books, talk with friends, or work on a hobby you like.
- Try to relax. Stress can make the pain worse. Listen to music that helps you relax.
- Share your feelings about your pain with family and friends. Ask for their help.